This awesome apple berry crumble is such a great treat for after your meal. It’s tart, and yet sweet, and it’s also a little lighter of a treat than your average holiday dessert.
Here is a picture of the wonderful filling, pre-baking it. Doesn’t it look tasty already? Just wait until it’s in the oven. The aroma this baby gives off is divine!
- 4 cups apple, peeled and chopped (about 2½ apples)
- 2 cups mixed berries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1½ cup oats
- ½ cup brown sugar, or sweetener of choice
- 6 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- pinch of salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel and chop your apples into little bite-size pieces. Place them, along with the rest of the filling ingredients into your pie dish. Stir until everything is evenly mixed.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the crumb topping ingredients. The mixture will be thoroughly saturated, but will have small clumps when you have fully mixed it in.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping over the filling in the pie dish.
- Place the apple berry crumble in the oven at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.
This recipe was adapted from myblueberrykitchen.com’s summer berrry crumble.
Hope you have fun planning your July 4th menu. Give this apple berry crumble a shot! It’s sure to be a hit among berry lovers!