Well, it is May! Can you believe that? Where did April go? This year is just flying by. It’s really starting to warm up here in Texas too, and I am about ready to start going to the swimming pools. We are so excited for summer!
What’s more perfect for warm days than a nice and tasty pasta salad? I have really been craving one recently. Because of the dressing I chose to put on it, it had a wonderful mix of sweet and a savory flavor. It totally hit the spot.
- 2 cups dried whole wheat noodles (we used rotini)
- 4 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can black beans
- 3 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp dressing of choice (we used a sweet vidalia onion dressing)
- pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- tomatoes chopped
- Following the directions on the side of your box, cook the noodles.
- Chop the broccoli into bite sized pieces then cook in a pot. To do this I placed a pot over a medium high heat and poured about 1½ cups water into it. I then waited for the water to boil, threw in my chopped broccoli and covered the pot with a lid. I then let it cook until a fork went through the stem of the broccoli and it felt like it was tender.
- Place the corn into a bowl and microwave for about 2 minutes or until it is cooked through.
- Strain and wash the black beans.
- If you would like tomatoes for a garnish then chop them now.
- Once the pasta and the broccoli are done, strain the water from them then place all the ingredients into a large bowl. Mix well. If you want to eat it warm, then eat away! If you would like it cold, place the pasta salad in the fridge for a couple of hours until it cools.
I hope you enjoy this broccoli and bean pasta salad!