This is a warm-your-heart kind of soup. We made it the other day when it was a little bit chilly outside and it was just what we needed! I love the colors and the look of this soup as well. It also made for great left-overs for the husband’s lunch the next day. We love soups!
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 seeded red pepper
- ½ cup water or vegetable broth (Add more as needed)
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1-15 oz can kidney beans
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Chop your celery and onion and place in a large pot with ½ cup water on medium heat. Stir occasionally and watch to see if more water needs to be added. Let those cook for about 8 minutes or until they are clear. You may also substitute vegetable stock for the water here if you would like.
- While those vegetables cook, cut up your cauliflower, red pepper, and garlic then add them to your pot. Cook for 7 more minutes.
- Add in your vegetable broth, kidney beans and oregano and then cover. Bring it to a boil and then reduce your heat and let your soup simmer for another 7-10 minutes. Let cool and then it’s ready to be served!
- *I suggest adding your salt once it’s ready to be served and is already in the individual bowls. You will use less salt this way.
A great recipe for the vegan, plant-based eater. Enjoy this Cozy Cauliflower and Kidney Bean Soup on those cold winter nights!