In March, we planted some vegetables in our backyard. And when I say “we” I mean, my husband. My husband has a green thumb. I repeat, MY HUSBAND has a green thumb.
I have though, very much enjoyed the fruits of his labor. We happen to have basil coming out of our ears right now which is the perfect excuse to make some simple, Green Goddess Rice!
And for some weird reason, dicing avocados is extremely therapeutic for me. I should probably get that checked out.
This works as an excellent side. We ate it along with some chipotle black bean burgers last night.
- 2 Cups cooked brown rice
- 3 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 small avocados, diced
- ½ Cup fresh basil leaves
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Once rice is cooked, set aside.
- Combine olive oil, diced avocados, basil leaves, salt and pepper into a high powered blender.
- Blend until ingredients have been thoroughly mixed.
- Combine in a bowl with the cooked rice.