I have made a lot of different variations on the “vegan pizza.” When I made this one, both my husband and I looked at each other and said “This is it!” We had finally found one that we were happy with. I mean we had 3rds for heaven’s sakes!
My husband and I are HUGE pizza lovers! There is something so amazing and magical about the combo of a carb, a “cheese” and marinara sauce. This one really hit the spot for us and I hope it does for you too!
- 2 cups of lukewarm water
- 1 tbsp yeast
- ¼ cup agave
- 2½ cup wheat flour
- 1½ tbsp wheat gluten
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2-3½ cup wheat flour
- 3 cups non-dairy milk
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- ½ cup wheat flour
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1½ tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix water, yeast, and agave then set aside and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl mix 2½ cup flour, olive oil, salt and then also add your yeast/agave/water mixture. Mix until well combined
- Stir in remaining flour until the dough is firm, but still a little sticky. Cover and let sit while you prepare the rest of your pizza
- Place all your ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place in a saucepan and heat on medium heat until thickened. Stir constantly so it doesn't burn to the bottom. It will be like a custard when its done. (adapted from
- Roll out your pizza dough using flour to dust table and rolling pin.
- Dust your cookie sheet with cornmeal and spread your dough out onto that pan.
- Spread your favorite marinara sauce all over the pizza.
- Place spoonfuls of the "cheese" sauce all over the pizza then spread around.
- Add your favorite toppings: Our favorites are sauteed onions, mushrooms, bell peppers.
- Place in oven and cook at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until fully cooked through and your crust is lightly browned.
What are your favorite pizza toppings?
Like I stated before, this is our favorite vegan pizza! We love it and I hope you do to!