I grew up having Betty Crocker’s baking powder biscuits. They were always the perfect side for different meals and super easy to make. I have finally adapted them to make them plant-based and whole wheat and I’m super excited to share this recipe with you.
I made these just the other day with a yummy soup. They also taste great as a side to pastas. You can eat them plain, with some butter, or some jam. One of our favorite ways to have these biscuits is with some homemade gravy on top. The options are limitless!
- 1¾ cups wheat flour
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- ⅓ cup (approx. 5½ tbsp) vegan butter, or coconut oil, melted and cooled
- ¾ cup + 2 tbsp non-dairy milk, unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and sea salt.
- Add in your vegan butter and the non-dairy milk and stir until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture onto a greased baking pan and bake in the oven at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Hope you enjoy these whole wheat drop biscuits.